Monday, March 14, 2011

get it on

I've been doing so much of that very precise detailed drawing recently - the stuff that I'm probably best known for. But, I feel that I don't actually learn anything new from that kind of work. I guess that I'm always improving my technique but it's nice to have a bit of a change and do something a bit more freehand. That's what I did hear with these sugar sachets. I did draw around each of the sachets to get the shape but there were no pencils involved or any measuring up. I just drew. And that's refreshing.

This is another spread from my travel Moleskine. You can see the rest of that 'carnet de voyage' HERE.

7 comments:

elena nuez said...

ESPECTACULAR!!!

Peter Fong said...

Amazing as usual!

peterpatterpeter.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love seeing your drawings.
Even a tiny little match would look breathtaking! It is always so beautiful, detailed and clean.
Have a great day ;)

Suma CM said...

Love these miniatures!

Genine said...

Andrea these are GREAT!!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Cheers, my dears!

Shelley Whiting said...

Wow I love your drawings. They're very detailed and incredibly realistic.